Lexington Lextran Overview
- Lextran (The Lexington Transit Authority) is Lexington’s public transportation system, operating a fleet of 58 buses – 8 buses on a University of Kentucky campus shuttle service, and contracts with a door-to-door Paratransit service through Red Cross Wheels.
- Provides 3-4 million passenger trips a year.
- Of non-student riders, 72% are between the ages of 18-49.
- 55% of Lextran riders are female, 45% male.
- Mainline bus service runs from 5:30 a.m. until 11:20 p.m. Regular bus fare is one dollar and includes unlimited transfers on a one-way trip. Other reduced fares are available to individuals who qualify for specific programs offered.
- For persons with disabilities, Lextran routes are wheelchair accessible.
- Currently Lextran operates 10 key routes – Georgetown, Woodhill, Newton, Tates Creek, Russell Cave, North Limestone, Eastland, Hamburg, and the University of Kentucky.
- Lextran provides neighborhood connectors, a jobs bus for early shift employees along the Nicholasville Road corridor, links to Bluegrass Airport and Keeneland, and even a special activities bus for senior citizen activities.
Lexington Market | Ad Specifications
Full Bus Wraps
Extended Mini Kong
Mini Kong Headliner
Trolley Full Back
Access Full Wraps
Access Full Back
Shuttle Full Wrap
Shuttle Full Back